Over the past few months, rumors always circulated, after which FC Bayern is interested in the services of midfielder Frenkie de Jong. The actor of FC Barcelona has now responded to the speculation around his future.
“I’m really happy with Barcelona and would like to play here as long as possible,” said the Dutch on Thursday after the Europa League lot against Galatasaray on the microphone of the Dutch station “Ziggo Jong contacted” clearly.
He could even imagine remaining significantly over the end of his current contract in the summer of 2026 at Barca, the right footed outlined. “If you would offer me an extension over six years, I would probably sign,” said De Jong, and in addition to Jong contacteding reasons, also stressed the high quality of life in the Spanish metropolis.
Already in January de Jong’s father dismissed a change of his son to Munich with a reference to the weather conditions. “There, the weather is often miserable,” Jong Senior opposite the Dutch “Algemeen Dagblad”. “Of course it’s about football, but that also plays a role,” he continued.
FC Bayern de Jong contacted?
De Jong Junior was changing from Ajax to the Catalans for about 85 million euros in July 2019. In recent months, however, much criticism hailed on the 24-year-old.
In January, various media reports had caused a stir. Newspapers – including the Spanish “Marca” – written, the FC Bayern deal with a transfer of the midfield asses and have even already contacted. Meanwhile, De Jong had no future at Barca. At that time it was speculated, Barca would become weak in a transfer fee in the range of about 60 million euros. The FC Chelsea was also called a prospective customer.
Ultimately, however, no transfer occurred in the past winter. Since then it has become a bit quieter in the rumor kitchen.